Sun Basket vs Plated Meal Delivery Review
The last couple years have been huge for the meal prep delivery industry. Quite a few of new meal prep services are dramatically re-shaping the home delivery meals industry as they compete to be the best meal delivery service. With so many direct-to-consumer online dinner delivered options available, it’s as difficult to know the best food delivery service option.
2 of the most talked about healthy food delivery options are Sun Basket and Plated healthy meals delivered. Both are meal delivery plans at a great price point and both have great reviews. But there are important differences between these 2 meal prep companies, so with that said, let’s dive in!
If you would like a more in depth home delivery food review on both Sun Basket Meal Delivery and Plated Meals, click the links above.
|Meal Plan||Cost Per Serving||Shipping|
|Meals Per Night||Cost Per Serving||Cost Per Week|
Sun Basket & Plated Meal Prep Delivery - Which One Is Right For You?
After ordering a few meals from both Plated and Sun Basket to try, the winner for me is Sun Basket. However, I don’t eat like most people, I only eat organic produce and the highest quality meats I can find such as grass fed beef and free range chicken. I would recommend Sun Basket to anyone who falls into the following categories:
- Only eat organic produce – Unlike Plated who only use organic ingredients occasionally, Sun Basket uses it 99% of the time.
- Specific Dietary Requirements – Sun Basket meals cater to consumers who are not only vegan or vegetarian, but also diabetics, paleo, gluten free and more.
- Support A Company That Gives Back – They donate on average a 1000 pound of food to several non profits that feed the needy.
In general, I would recommend Sun Basket to almost anyone. That said, choosing a pre made meal provider is a very personal decision, there are some situations in which Plated might be a better option for you:
- You’re looking for a meal prep near you with the cheapest option – if price is a major decision factor, then Plated will give you the best bang for your buck. Plated meal plans start at $9.95 per serving.
- You live in a city or state that Sun Basket doesn’t deliver to – When it comes to getting organic produce and high quality meats, Sun Basket would be at the top my list, but there are some areas that they don’t currently ship to, so if you live in one of those areas then Plated would be the next best prepared meal delivery service option in my opinion.
Whichever fresh meals delivered company you decide to go with, make sure to use Take A Bite’s exclusive discount link, which will save you some money instantly on your first order.